Monday, January 14, 2013

Where To Start?

-->
The thing about art and creativity is, there’s no checklist to follow for generating original, inspiring ideas.  Bits and pieces come at you from every conceivable place and angle, no two ever the same (is it a little too much to say, like snowflakes?? Probably.)
When it comes times to actually shoot a project, sure, I know I have to come up with a plan and try really hard to follow it.  But outside of that, I try to stay as open as possible, take notes, clip to Everynote, take pictures, do screen captures, make mental notes, and anything else that works.
Which brings me to this shoe:
 
Sitting there on it’s own, it looks like a piece of art.  And I’ve found myself thinking about how I could design a complete styling for a photoshoot around it.  While that might never happen (or it might), I know at least I’ll use some of the thoughts generated on other, future projects. 
I didn’t set out to find a shoe to help me generate ideas--that would be crazy!  It just happened.  But I’ll take it.   It’s a start, and there's nothing crazy about that.